Ways of Giving
Why do people give to The Town School?
There is a strong culture of giving at The Town School. Generous donations from parents, alumni/ae, grandparents, faculty and staff, corporations, foundations and friends accounted for $XX during the 2011-12 school year. Over $800,000 of this was given to support Unrestricted Annual Giving.
Town deeply appreciates and depends on private donations to provide a truly extraordinary learning environment for young children. Because tuition alone does not support the cost to educate a student, our donors understand the urgency and necessity of their support. Reasons for making a gift to Town may include:
- Making a difference in the education of Town students
- Supporting the exceptional work of Town faculty
- Showing belief in the value of an independent school
- Showing gratitude for one’s own Town experience and giving back
- Recognizing or memorializing a loved one
- Encouraging others to participate
Ways to give
There are several ways to make a gift to Town. Our dedicated Development Office staff can assist you in finding the programs that match your interest.
- Online Giving - To make a gift or pledge online please visit our secure Online Donation page.
- Check - please make checks payable to The Town School. Be sure to indicate in the memo field or in an accompanying letter if your gift is a pledge payment and/or for a gift to Annual Giving or a directed fund. All Annual Giving donations are tax-deductible, and can assist with lowering your tax liability.
- Credit Card - The Town School gladly accepts MasterCard and Visa credit cards. These gifts are recognized at full value on the date that a charge is accepted by the bank.
- Appreciated Securities - Gifts of stock, bonds, or other appreciated securities allow donors to avoid paying capital gains taxes and qualify for a charitable tax deduction. Detailed information is available on our Stock Transfer form.