Try on Town: special events for applying families.
We are happy to have been in our school building for in-person, physically-distanced learning this year (learn more here), but to best support our community's health and the health of our applying families, our Admissions events will continue to be virtual for the near future. We had a great time sharing Town with prospective families through a series of brand-new online events this past year, and we are excited about building on those successes! Below is an overview of our planned events, and we will continue to update this page with dates and details. Inquire or apply to be automatically included in our invitation list.
Spring 2021 Events
- Spring Open House at Town (on Zoom) Tuesday, April 27, 5:30pm
- Open to all interested families; click here to RSVP
- Informal chats with the Director of Admissions: Beginning in April, Debbie Ashe will offer prospective families the opportunity for an informal chat to answer any questions they may have as they begin their school application journey. Sign-up link will be posted here by the end of March!
Recordings of recent events for prospective families
Click to view a recording of these recent events and community videos for prospective families:
- Virtual Tour of Town
- Demo lessons with Town Teachers
- Equity and Inclusion Panel Discussion
- What our families say about Town
- What our alumni/ae say about Town
Preview of events for families during Admissions season, starting fall 2021
Prospective families can look forward to a variety of ways to get to know Town during the Admissions season! Starting this fall, we will offer:
- Monthly drop-in chats with the Head of School
- Parent ambassador discussion sessions
- 8th grade student ambassador discussion sessions
- Panel discussions with the academic team
- Demo lessons with Town teachers
Admissions calendar for the 2021-2022 school year.
We know that life doesn't always happen on schedule.
If your family may be applying outside the traditional Admissions season dates due to relocation or other big life changes, we are happy to work with you.
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Online Application for 2021-22 live on our website. Please note a fee waiver is available if needed; contact us for more information.
September 8, 2020
Families may begin scheduling parent and child appointments through their application portal.
September 2020 - Early January 2021
Self-guided parent tour experiences, parent conversations, child appointments, and opportunities to connect with our community.
November 1, 2020
We will begin accepting Financial Aid applications for 2021-22. Information about the process is on our Financial Aid page, and details for the 2021-22 process will be posted by the end of October.
Friday, November 20, 2020
Application Deadline, to be considered for the February/March 2021 decision period. We will accept applications on a rolling basis thereafter.
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Deadline for Financial Aid Applications.
January 8, 2021
Application files must be complete by today to receive your admissions decision by the February and March notification dates below. This includes a completed tour experience, parent conversation, child appointment, and appropriate school reports. Applications completed after the January 8, 2021 due date will be processed on a rolling admissions basis.
Notification Dates for 2021-22.
The Town School follows the ISAAGNY notification and reply dates for the 2021-2022 school year.
Nursery 3 and Nursery 4
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Thursday, February 25, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision on Thursday, February 4, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
1st - 8th grades
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Early Notification Option for Sibling and Legacy Families
(contact admissions for more information about this option)
Nursery 3 and Nursery 4
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Tuesday, December 1, 2020 and not later than Friday, January 15, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, January 22, 2021.
Kindergarten and 1st grade
- Families will be notified (by email) of their admissions decision not before Wednesday, December 9, 2020 and not later than Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Parent replies are due no later than noon on Friday, January 15, 2021.